Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach - Inspired by Italian cuisine. Orzo pasta, spinach, beans and all-natural chicken are slow-simmered in a lemon-infused chicken broth.
List of Ingredients:
1) Put 2-3 bell peppers of your choice - coated in oil in the oven to roast up (375 temp or higher) - for 30+ minutes - watch carefully!!! Take them out after they are very browned and put in a plastic bag. Steam affect will allow you to remove burnt skin easier. After they are cleaned up - chop into small chunks and leave to the side.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons of any olive oil of your choice in a very large stock pot. I like to use lemon infused (Target has one) and garlic infused olive oils. Saute 2 chopped onions in the oil and let them get really cooked - transparent or browned a bit. Add salt & pepper.
3) While onions are cooking - Pull roasted whole chicken or Large roasted chicken breast off the bone and leave to the side.
4) After onions are grilled - add the roasted bell peppers and stir for a few minutes
5) After 5 minutes add pulled chicken. Add some salt & pepper. Stir for another few minutes.
6) Drain and wash beans and leave to the side.
7) Drain half a bag frozen spinach. Make sure spinach is squeezed hard of excess water. Leave to the side.
8) Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Add minced garlic and other herbs of your choice. Add more salt & pepper if needed.
9) After it comes to a boil - Add orzo pasta and lemon juice and lemon rind - cook 9-10 minutes. At the 5 minute mark - add beans, and spinach. Add more salt & pepper if needed.