Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup with Spinach - Inspired by Italian cuisine. Orzo pasta, spinach, beans and all-natural chicken are slow-simmered in a lemon-infused chicken broth.
List of Ingredients:
1) Put 2-3 bell peppers of your choice - coated in oil in the oven to roast up (375 temp or higher) - for 30+ minutes - watch carefully!!! Take them out after they are very browned and put in a plastic bag. Steam affect will allow you to remove burnt skin easier. After they are cleaned up - chop into small chunks and leave to the side.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons of any olive oil of your choice in a very large stock pot. I like to use lemon infused (Target has one) and garlic infused olive oils. Saute 2 chopped onions in the oil and let them get really cooked - transparent or browned a bit. Add salt & pepper.
3) While onions are cooking - Pull roasted whole chicken or Large roasted chicken breast off the bone and leave to the side.
4) After onions are grilled - add the roasted bell peppers and stir for a few minutes
5) After 5 minutes add pulled chicken. Add some salt & pepper. Stir for another few minutes.
6) Drain and wash beans and leave to the side.
7) Drain half a bag frozen spinach. Make sure spinach is squeezed hard of excess water. Leave to the side.
8) Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil. Add minced garlic and other herbs of your choice. Add more salt & pepper if needed.
9) After it comes to a boil - Add orzo pasta and lemon juice and lemon rind - cook 9-10 minutes. At the 5 minute mark - add beans, and spinach. Add more salt & pepper if needed.
What Clients Are Saying
I bought one of benMUSA’s original pieces. Fell in love with it in the
benMUSA is available for private commissioned work or consultations for any residential or commercial projects! All major credit cards are accepted.